Even though Leap Day extended it a bit longer, February seemed to cruise by. The kitchen partner and I have been focused on finalizing our garden plans and prepping for 2 international vacations this spring. In March I’ll be celebrating Minnesota Locavore’s 1st Birthday and starting all my seedlings. Two very big events in my world. For now, let’s take a look back at February:
February at Minnesota Locavore:
The most commented post: How to make yogurt
New this month: I joined Pinterest, although begrudgingly. My boards are still empty, but I’ve already found some great ideas for gifts and recipes. I’m just not sure how much more social networking this household can take. It’s going to be a small edition, but hopefully a new way to engage with my locavore friends.
February at 20Food.net and SGT:
This month the 20Food writers got together to plan some upcoming events and I started a new series on cooking with whole grains on SGT. There’s some exciting plans taking shape for both in the coming months!
- Great Grains: Is Millet Just for the Birds? on Simple, Good and Tasty
- Chicken in the Kitchen: 2 Ways to make a Whole Bird on 20Food
- Great Grains: The Beat on Bulgur on Simple, Good and Tasty
- A review of The Heirloom Life Gardener on 20Food
February Link Love
Here’s my February list of favorites from around the web:
- I just discovered Polyvore this week and I’m obsessed. Despite being the least fashionable person in the Upper Midwest, it makes me want to start a whole new blog just to make and post the fancy collages.
- Garden Betty’s Chicken Salad Bar – it’s not at all what you think!
- Gardening Matter’s Community Garden Resource Fair presentation list is out and it looks great!
- Andrew Zimmern was on The Daily Circuit this month talking about how we can really shape a sustainable food movement. He’s always interesting and entertaining.
- All month Maria at Sweet Domesticity has been wowing me with her February photos and the planning of her heirloom veggies.
- Hungry Australian’s massive list of food blogging links. It’s going to take me months to unpack all the goodies in this one!
- The ABC’s of CSA’s