Even though Leap Day extended it a bit longer, February seemed to cruise by. The kitchen partner and I have been focused on finalizing our garden plans and prepping for 2 international vacations this spring. In March I’ll be celebrating Minnesota Locavore’s 1st Birthday and starting all my seedlings. Two very big events in my world. For now, let’s take a look back at February:
February at Minnesota Locavore:
The most commented post: How to make yogurt
New this month: Â I joined Pinterest, although begrudgingly. My boards are still empty, but I’ve already found some great ideas for gifts and recipes. Â I’m just not sure how much more social networking this household can take. It’s going to be a small edition, but hopefully a new way to engage with my locavore friends.
February at 20Food.net and SGT:
This month the 20Food writers got together to plan some upcoming events and I started a new series on cooking with whole grains on SGT. There’s some exciting plans taking shape for both in the coming months!
- Great Grains: Is Millet Just for the Birds? on Simple, Good and Tasty
- Chicken in the Kitchen: 2 Ways to make a Whole Bird on 20Food
- Great Grains: The Beat on Bulgur on Simple, Good and Tasty
- A review of The Heirloom Life Gardener on 20Food
February Link Love
Here’s my February list of favorites from around the web:
- I just discovered Polyvore this week and I’m obsessed. Despite being the least fashionable person in the Upper Midwest, it makes me want to start a whole new blog just to make and post the fancy collages.
- Garden Betty’sÂ Chicken Salad Bar – it’s not at all what you think!
- Gardening Matter’s Community Garden Resource Fair presentation list is out and it looks great!
- Andrew Zimmern was on The Daily Circuit this month talking about how we can really shape a sustainable food movement. He’s always interesting and entertaining.
- All month Maria at Sweet Domesticity has been wowing me with her February photos and the planning of her heirloom veggies.
- Hungry Australian’s massive list of food blogging links. It’s going to take me months to unpack all the goodies in this one!
- The ABC’s of CSA’s